星期二, 十一月 13, 2007

2nd Night with Leopard

Last night I spent a lot of time playing with Leopard. I found that my USB2 card wouldn't work under Leopard. Apparently a lot of other people are having the same problem. I hope this may be addressed in the future updates. In the mean time, I have to rely on the USB1 ports.

The best feature that I like about Leopard is the Spaces. It allows you to have multiple desktops at once. I know there have been other 3rd party solutions under Tiger already, but it's nice to have it integrated into the OS.

The next thing that I like is the Quick View. It works very well. I tried it with pictures, movies, Word documents, even powerpoint slides. For the latter two, it only gives you an crude overview, but that is enough for me to see if the file is of any interest. It also can do a slide show if you select multiple pictures. This is convenient. And it looks really nice.

I also start to use Safari again. The new Safari 3.0 feels fast enough. It just looks and feels better than Camino.

The excitement about the new OS really didn't last very long. Maybe it's a good thing because it still gives me the old familiar feel of the system. Everything seems to run fine. Now I'm back to my daily normal computing routine. This is what a computer is for.

没有评论: