星期五, 十二月 21, 2007

Canola 2.

I finally installed Canola2 on my N800. For those who don't know, Canola2 is supposed to be the music-playing, moving-showing, pictures-flipping, multimedia-streaming, ipod-killing, iphone-trashing do-it-all program. I have been eagerly waiting for it since I got my n800. Finally, the first beta verison came out yesterday. But Nokia's server has since been overwhelmed. Nobody could download anything. In the end, I had to download it from a server that's set up by another user this morning. And voila, it's working on my beautiful n800 now.

Well, it's still in the beta stage. It doesn't download cover arts for my songs yet, so it is not exactly killing the ipods out there yet. Movies are fine, except that some keys are not working when movies are playing. So I can't choose the right subtitle if I need to. The picture slides are working great. In fact, it is the best picture viewer I have seen. This alone is worth it.

I did another stupid thing. I ordered a backup battery pack for my n800. It's cheap and they are shipping it for free. But only after I placed the order, I found they are shipping it from Hong Kong! But I myself am going to Hong Kong in a couple of weeks. I can sure find something cheaper there.

Oh, well... Let's just hope it works. It supposed to have twice as much juice as the battery that comes with my n800. So if the original battery can last for 5 hours, I can have a total 15 hours with the additional battery. That's good enough for me to fly to anywhere on this planet. With my shining new device, I'm sure I can conquer any long flight.

Great. Me and my n800. On the road. Conquering the world.

3 条评论:

匿名 说...

even if you were in HK, shopping may still take extra time, as a result, ordering on Internet may still be a good idea.

匿名 说...

where did you ordered the battery? Is there a USB charger? I sure can use an extra one, too.

yfabian 说...

This is what I bought: https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4284