星期四, 五月 29, 2008

Going east

I have to admit that I'm pretty disappointed by the result of this round of job searching. I thought I had a pretty decent chance of getting into one of those top schools. I ended up with nothing but a sense of failure. The big L is imprinted on my forehead. That is great because it'll cover some of the speckles up there that marked my age of innocence. The whole experience serves a nice reminder of how hard life can be. I almost forgot about that.

That being said, I'm looking forward to moving to DC. To be exact, I'm moving to Bethesda, Maryland. It's a whole different place. I heard it's really nice. It's smaller, but there are a lot of interesting things going on there. Besides, I'm going to be close to the great capital of this great country. If I were in China, It would almost be like, living in 昌平. Right?

I don't know what my life will be like there. Stella isn't going to move with me right away. WHO IS GOING TO COOK DINNER????

I actually cook more often than Stella now. But I know I would do as little cooking as possible if I were living alone. To make things more interesting, I hate to dine out alone. Maybe more pizza?

Fortunately, food only plays a small insignificant importance in my life. I did handle things very well before I met Stella. Life was pretty tough then but I survived. Not only did I survive, I managed to get myself a wife. Now that I'm going to go through another tough time in DC, maybe it's a good time to get another... o, well. I'll stop here. Thoughts can kill.

3 条评论:

Helios 说...

Wow, so you have made up your mind. When are you leaving?

Albert Cheng, Ph.D. 说...

I am curious what is ... in your last paragraph? DC is a nice place and NIH is great!

匿名 说...

what! that's a surprise! now you are more close to yan and zhu...why are u guys all going to the east?