星期四, 五月 31, 2007

Politics

Stella asked me that why I do not write about politics. I have to admit that I am an apolitical person. When I looked up "politics" in a dictionary, it says that politics is "the art or science of government or governing, especially the governing of a political entity, such as a nation, and the administration and control of its internal and external affairs". I certainly have no interest in governing people other than myself. And I feel funny about putting politics into the science category. How much science is there after all, when there is no equations, no repeatable experiments, and no p values. Whatever I say can lead to great controversies that will never see a result. In the end, everybody goes their own way with a bit of satisfaction that they did not lose in this battle.

Well, people say that you can vote. But the winner will be a communist party member in China, a former KGB in russia, or a rich man's representative in US. In any case, it will be somebody who thinks you should/are allowed to live a life in a way that he or his people believe. How much will I like a person who is eager to tell you to live his ideas? I can't say.

This is why I do not like discussing politics. Then why do I start writing about politics? Other than that the very idea of pleasing Stella makes me happy, I do think it is a good way to attract more attention to my English writing. I need to practice writing, but I know I can't do it without you, my dear readers, even though you are mostly quiet, come and go without leaving a trace. But I know you are out there in the wild. (hey, I even got your IP...)

So, voila again, this is another start. The start of discussion of politics.

没有评论: